Plan ahead! Enrol in advance for June 6 Ethical Upstander Training (EUT).
- Tuesday, June 6 - Ethical Upstander Training
- From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (with breaks!)
- Offered virtually over Zoom
The Ethical Upstander workshop is an advanced training that provides participants with the skills to become an active bystander against racism and discrimination. This training includes short videos, partner sharing, small group activities, templates for challenging discussions and scenarios and activities for practice.
At the completion of EUT, participants will be able to:
- Identify commonly targeted social identity groups.
- Understand and counter the “bystander effect” psychology at the root of inaction.
- Recognize the conditions which promote and inhibit bystander intervention.
- Use a variety of strategies to effectively interrupt potentially harmful situations.
- Respectfully support those who have been targeted.
- Effectively “call in” those in our community who are doing the harm.
Please note: All attendees must have completed the Introduction to Inclusion and Diversity at Algonquin College course.