Please be advised of the following schedule changes for May 24, 25, 26 and 27:
- All classes – virtual and in-person – are cancelled at the Ottawa Campus. The program teams of faculty, coordinators, chairs and deans will be working to develop recovery plans for Ottawa Campus classes that have been canceled. Those plans will be communicated with students upon their return the week of May 30.
- AC Online courses are cancelled.
- Placements in the Ottawa area have been cancelled for the remainder of the week. If you are in a placement outside of the Ottawa area that has not been effected by the storm and you are able to attend, you may do so. Some health programs may be required to make up time. If this is the case, you will be notified next week by your program staff to make any necessary arrangements. If you are able, please contact your placement site to advise them of your situation.
- For learners in co-op work terms in the National Capital Region, your safety is the top priority – if you are unable to attend due to safety issues, or other circumstances due to the storm, you are not required to attend. When/if you are able, please contact both your co-op employer and your co-op department contact for updates to make them aware of your situation.
- The Early Learning Centre will be closed.
- Unless expressly informed otherwise, all Corporate Training programming is cancelled.
- All classes and operations are continuing on normal schedules at Perth and Pembroke campuses.
If you have questions, or require further clarity, please connect with your supervisor, if you are able. Further updates will be communicated directly to learners and employees as soon as possible via email and social media.
As this situation unfolds, the first priority is your safety. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please reach out to the City of Ottawa at this link HERE for details on emergency centres, and where you can receive support. You can receive contact information for various municipal services at the following links: Perth, Pembroke, Renfrew County, Lanark County and the City of Gatineau.
This is a challenging time for many in our College community, including those who are still without power and internet connectivity. I know this adds to what has already been a prolonged, anxious period for everyone.
I want to thank Hydro Ottawa, Hydro One and telecommunication companies for all they are doing to restore power and communication services to our communities, and assure you that the College leadership team is doing everything it can to have the Ottawa Campus fully operational as soon as possible. Until such time, I encourage everyone to look out for each other - help colleagues, classmates and neighbours if we can, and exercise patience as we work through these challenges together.
For a list of supports for learners and employees and FAQs, please check this link HERE. If you have additional questions, or need help please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please stay safe,
President and CEO